One way that people can share or promote your content is with the Google +1 button. Adding this button to your web pages so people can easily perform a Google share is a great way to improve the visibility of your content in Google search results.
When someone clicks on a Google share button, the social influence of the link increases, improving the link’s chance of relevancy in search results.
Another impact of the +1 button on a website is that when the button is clicked, the Google bot is notified and automatically re-crawls and indexes the page.
Developing inbound or external links to your website is a fundamental need for any site to have good visibility on search engines. The more places that link to your site, the better the search engine ranking for your site.
But getting those links can be hard. After all, you don’t control what other sites do.
Click Z is offering a free webinar on link building. “The 10 Most Popular Link Building Questions” will be offered Thursday, September 27 at 1 p.m. Registration is open.
In the webinar, link building expert Jon Ball will answer the following frequently asked questions:
- Will “traditional” link building processes be replaced by social promotion and influencer content sharing?
- What is a good “natural” number for links we should be building per month?
- Are directory submissions worth my time?
- We used a 3rd party vendor to build 100s of low quality links. We have not been contacted by Google about them, but can I just forget about them and start doing quality link building?
- Nofollow links. What’s your take on them?
- Is it a good strategy to analyze the links of your top 4-5 competitors and copy where they are getting their links from?
- If you are running a contest/giveaway how would you go about getting links?
- How can you locate a bad back link and can you get spam links removed?
- How do you determine if a link on a particular site is worth the effort?
- Can you give us an example of where you would guest blog?