“The Echo Effect: Understanding the Value of Tech Buyers” study found that:
- 44 percent of consumers said that exposure to technology products in social media positively affects their likelihood of purchase.
- 40 percent have loyalty to the brands they’ve positively dealt with through social media.
- 42 percent would be willing to recommend a brand to others if they’ve been affected positively by the firm’s social media presence.
According to the study, consumers find the best way to promote products through social media is for marketers to answer questions about products. Consumers also expect product details, product reviews, support for customer service issues, and acceptance of customer product feedback.
The study also reinforces the fast-moving growth of mobile usage.
- 92 percent of tablet users seek out things like product reviews on their device
- 72 percent use their smart phone for the same activity